Leasing in an apartment with your pet is a daunting task since pet-friendly apartments are hard to find. However, majority of the occupants are ticked off when they discover that they cannot check in their dream apartment owing to the fact that their pet doesn’t satisfy the policy of that accommodation. Yes there are different policies with respect to apartment leasing with pets. However, they differ in nature depending on your tamed animal.
Majority of the Murfreesboro Apartments do not apply as many rules of pet-human residence to cats as compared to dogs. Moreover, the varying pet policies also bring along variable additional costs per pet, different for every animal. Hence, it is better to educate oneself with the below mentioned guidelines on leasing in an apartment with pets before you practically opt to do so:
- Make sure to get a rough estimate on the pet deposit, which is a half-refundable amount paid against the accommodation of your pet. It differs with different pets, yet an average amount of $300 to $400 should be kept in mind. The remaining half of your refundable pet deposit amount can be withdrawn after the completion of lease at your Murfreesboro apartment.
- Some pet friendly apartments of Murfreesboro can facilitate you by offering installments of the lump sum pet deposit, enabling you to easily pay the charges within a reasonable time frame of 2-3 months.
- Since every apartment at Murfreesboro differ in terms of pet accommodation policies, majority of them practice a pet fee instead of charging a pet deposit. Since it is a fee, it means it is non-refundable.
- Leasing in an apartment with pets at Murfreesboro come along with several expenses, ‘pet rent’ being one of them. Pet rent is a slightly lesser expense charging you about $10 to $15 against the pet stations as well as waste removal facilities offered by the apartment’s pet caretaker.
- The weight of your pet especially if you own a dog contributes to a major portion of the pet fee expense. A typical pet weight ranges from 25 to 35 pounds however, every Murfreesboro apartment have a different defined weight limit for different pets. A pet weight is not as simple as standing on a weighing machine, instead the apartment staff asks for an appropriate veterinarian to make sure that your pet is up to date on all immunizations and vaccinations required.
Make sure that your chosen apartment at Murfreesboro allows the particular breed of your pet, especially if it is a dog. Many apartments strictly prohibit the accommodation of dogs with aggressive breeds for instance boxers, Doberman, German shepherds and few others varying with every apartment’s policy. The reason of strict enforcement of this rule is to save other tenants from any unpleasant injury caused by your pet.